Wednesday, September 19, 2007

CiviCRM Hindi Translation

Great news! I have started working on the Hindi Translation of CiviCRM. I remember that Kurund mentioned in his presentation at OSSCampDelhi that there is currently no one working on Hindi translation. I thought why not I start it. I mailed him couple of days back asking him how should I start working on it.

He gave me email of Piotr, who created CiviCRM Hindi Translation project in the Pootle. Along with me my friends Nizam, Bagish and Salim have also started helping me in this translation project. I know it will take lot of time to complete the translation, but someone has to start it. I hope many other people will also join us in this work.

Translation using pootle is easy. It provides you with the web based interface, you just need to select which language you want to work on. For detailed instruction of web-based and offline translation (using .PO files) check this page.

For starting working on CiviCRM Hindi Translation project you will need to register yourself here.

No comments: