Tuesday, September 11, 2007

OSSCampDelhi - 8th September

I am excited and full with new enthusiasm. This is the first time I am writing a blog!! Would you believe that?? Well I am new to Open Source World, although I have been using Linux distros for couple of years now but I never contributed in any open source project. For the past few days I was so frustrated with my stupid job that I finally decided to do something useful in my life. last week I joined Fedora Ambassador Project hoping to find some place to start my open source venture. I have not done programming for ages now :( and that is why I can not straight away start with the development projects. I found one guy on fedora community named Ankit Patel who runs a site called www.indianoss.org . He is into translating Fedora Packages into Gujrati. I am in touch with him and helping him in translating his website into Hindi and later on I will try to translate Linux Packages into Hindi (using .po and .pot thingy). Well I have just started my journey of this endless Open Source world.

I came to know about OSSCampDelhi through some online discussion groups. I decided to attend this seminar as I was sure to get some good ideas there. And I was surely so right!!

Though I was late. I reached there at lunch time. I was so impressed with the presentations on PHP Documenter, CiviCRM and DRUPAL. I came to know about DRUPAL just yesterday through some website and I did not know that DRUPAL is a famous CRM tools among Open Source Geeks. I am also now thinking of contributing to DRUPAL Project. This will also brush up my programming skills and I really like this idea of Open Source (Freedom….) where people from all across the globe work together.

I am all set for day 2. OSSCampDelhi was rocking!!

Pictures of the OSSCampDelhi

Slides of the presentations at OSSCampDelhi

Cheers!

No comments: